This week we celebrate our 100th Podcast episode! So in recognition of this journey, we have complied a list, with the help of our tribe, of 100 inspirational ideas for you to put back in to YOU.
Nourish yourself as a mother and the rest of your world with flourish.
1. Eat and drink (we often feed our kids and forget to nourish ourselves!)
2. Say "yes" to pleasure - whatever form that pleasure comes in for you (it doesn't need to be sexual)
3. Have wine (or beverage of choice)
6. Put perfume on
7. Wear a bra you feel lush in
8. Make your bed with love and ritual
9. Burn a candle during the day
10. Burn incense during the day
11. Play music you love
12. Listen to what you most desire in a moment and act on it
13. Have a coffee with someone you love
14. Read a book
15. Listen to a podcast that lights you up
16. Buy and indoor plant that you enjoy
17. Join a playgroup of like minded mamas
18. Join an online group of mamas you connect with
19. Rub your skin with an oil you love the smell of
20. Stretch in bed before you get up in the morning and just take a moment to feel into your body
21. Open up your curtains in the morning and stretch your heart space open physically, take a deep breath in and welcome the day
22. Take up a Jade egg practice
23. Wear jewellery that matches your vibe
24. Create something – working with your hands opens your heart and lowers your blood pressure
25. Exercise in a way that feels honouring, not punishing.
26. Stretch your body, open it up
27. Breathe into your heart space and feel your capacity increasing
30. Cook something YOU love
31. Garden and root yourself in mother nature
32. Schedule in some “me-time” or child free time
33. Create a women’s circle or “emergency wine time” with your besties
34. Buy a bunch of flowers for your home
35. Write something that makes you weep
36. Stick a quote or song lyric that makes your heart sing on the wall
37. Put lipstick or gloss on
38. Get your hair done
39. Do a 5 minute meditation daily
40. Do or re-do your values and ensure you’re living in alignment
41. Create a vision board for where your next year is headed
42. Create a photo wall in your home – fill it with treasured memories
43. Write a letter to yourself to open in 5 years
44. Write a letter to your children to open in 20 years
45. Go to your happy place…and take the kids with you – could be a park, a walk, a beach…
46. Join a craft group and learn a new skill
47. Have a heartfelt conversation with someone you love
48. Spring clean one spot or cupboard in your home that’s been driving you bonkers!
49. Make love – with yourself or with a partner – keep it slow and focused on feeling, not climax
50. Write your goals down for the next 3-6 months, then share it with someone you love
51. Smell a rose or sweet smelling flower
52. Watch a movie that matches your mood and allow emotion to flow
53. Breathe, intentionally taking the air into your belly and expanding your body with life force
54. Stretch out a picnic rug in your garden or a park, and stare at the clouds with your kids
55. Walk in the fresh air
56. Buy a special piece of clothing that feels good to wear
57. Practice really listening to your partner and witnessing their magnificence, and be willing to feel that radiate through you
58. Create your recipe for reconnection using what speaks to your soul from this list, and do it daily (or at least weekly!)
59. Accept compliments
60. Make a nature table to connect to the seasons
61. Have a bath (not with the kids!)
62. If you're feeling mother guilt - write out the benefits to your children of what you perceive is a drawback to them, until you feel a tear or a shift within you, and your guilt evaporates
63. Create a list on your phone 'Soul Inspirations' and record the daily things that give you goosebumps or tears of joy - that's your soul speaking to you through your body
64. Write a gratitude letter each day to someone who has had an impact on your life. Send it, or file it, for when you need inspiration
65. Thank your mother for everything she did, and didn't, give you; it makes you, you, and it's perfect.
66. Put on some gumboots and jump in puddles with your kids
67. Feeling overwhelm? Create a do/dump/delegate list, and gain clarity on what's really important.
68. Stop reading right now and look around and find five things you can appreciate about where you are.
69. Be flirtatious with your partner, just because.
70. What do you most want from those around you? Give that to yourself, first.
71. What do you think is 'selfish' in motherhood? How is it actually a service to those you love?
72. Feel all the feelings
73. Thank your body for giving you life
74. Feel the warm sun on your body on a Winter's day
75. Stop, just stop.
76. Listen to the birds sing
77. Go watch a movie at a cinema, alone
77. Go to a sound bath or drumming circle and feel the music reverberate through your body and energise you at a cellular level
78. That big dream you have? Entertain it longer than you normally would, and ask yourself daily, 'How can I make this happen?'
79. Whatever obstacle you are facing, ask yourself how it's helping you, rather than hurting you
80. Send a loving thought to the parts of your body you have a difficult relationship with
81. Ask for an extra long head massage at the hairdresser
82. Don't be a martyr; ask for what you need
83. Don't 'hold it together' for your children. Use tears and frustrations as teachable moments that create connection
84. Struggling with the mirror of your children? Melt away the resistance with the affirmation "I am willing and open to seeing and owning all that I am". Set it as a reminder in your phone and say it hourly, if you have to.
85. Build a 'self-worth' bank account with a savings account you don't touch.
86. Accept help
87. Get some Reiki or Kinesiology
88. If kids fall asleep in the car, embrace it and park somewhere with a view
89. Speak to yourself how you would a dear friend. What does she need to hear?
90. Close your eyes, and soften the tension in your eyes and jaw
91. Quit searching for a one-sided life. Embrace the beautiful mess.
92. Sing at the top of your lungs, 'Let it go' from Frozen, or 'You're Welcome' from Moana; which ever one matches your mood
93. If you are up at sunrise anyway, go outside and see it
94. Look up at the night sky and feel your interconnectedness to the stars and moon, and all things
95. Say yes to adventure
96. Comparing yourself to someone else? What are you NOT choosing to see about them? No one has the 'perfect life/kids/relationship/job/whatever'. Everyone is learning and growing.
97. Find a 'listening buddy' or a friend you can pour you heart out to, who will listen as you cry and rage, and hold your space with acceptance.
98. Set an intention for your day (but don't make it a fantasy, like 'I will feel happy today'. Striving for a one-sided life will make you depressed!)
99. Connect to your five senses when you feel overwhelmed (notice a colour, a sound a smell, what your hands are in contact with, and a taste)
100. Listen to a 'Nourishing The Mother' podcast!
Now go DO IT!
And then come nourish even deeper with us in our signature online Loathing to Loving Program, commencing the next live 5 week round in June!
Bridget Wood is Co-Founder of Nourishing The Mother and a lover of life and connecting people to themselves through wisdom, introspection and quality questions. Bridget is also the Director and Events Manager of Suburban Sandcastles. With an insatiable appetite for knowledge and a desire to understand the bigger picture of human behaviour and how the world works, Bridget is on an inspired path to learn more deeply who we are beyond the limitations that we, and our society and culture, place upon upon us.
Julie Tenner is Co-founder of Nourishing The Mother and is The Pleasure Nutritionist. Julie is a Naturopath, specialising in women’s and children's health, with specific focus on awakening women to their full potential – health for the mind, body and soul – creating lasting life change for you and your family by “coming home” to your magnificence.